Most people believe that doing 30 minutes of running burns more calories and fat than a simple bodyweight routine in the same amount of time.
Here are some facts and tips:
- Doing bodyweight exercises builds more leans muscle in the body, therefore burning fat and calories throughout the day. By doing this you can lose up to 100 extra calories a day and in turn your metabolism is increased.
- Often certain diets break down lean body muscle, by adding weights to your diet you can prevent this from happening.
- If you play sport regularly, it is important to add a weight lifting routine. This will decrease the chance of injuries that may occur during sport.
- By doing a weekly circuit routine of eight to ten different weights, you can work all the muscle in your body. This should take you 30 – 40 minutes.
- If you would like to build muscle it is advised that you take some sort of supplement such as any USN products or EVOX products. This will help you to maintain the muscle and build it faster. A high protein diet and meal replacements are usually part of the routine as well.
- A tip for weight lifting is to increase the intensity of the weights, and change your routine weekly or monthly so that your body does not adapt.
- It is important to have days where you simply rest, it is during the rest period that your muscles are able to build itself.