This the era of vintage goods, second hand fashion and cheap wonders found in random places. With the help of websites such as Gumtree and OLX you can advertise your garage sale for free. This is a great way to make extra cash and get rid of unwanted goods that are just cluttering the house.
This is a particularly great way of decreasing the number of boxes when relocating to New Zealand and you need international movers to get everything out the house in two days. It allows you to sort through your house and get rid of things you have accumulated over the couple of years.
Remember that at a garage sale you can literally sell anything, such as CDs, books, clothes, plates, mugs, toys, furniture, sport equipment etc. Although the name Garage sale insinuates that you hold the sale in the garage, this is not true; you can have it on the lawn or porch. Pricing is an important aspect to get right. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Visit a few garage sales in the area and see what the pricing is like.
- Think about how old the item is.
- What did you pay for the item?
- What people pay for the particular item now in the shops?
- Is the product damaged in a way? Look out for chips, breakages or marks.